WSA Awards and Scholarships
The Washington State Association of Head Start and ECEAP is starting a brand new annual Awards and Scholarships program in 2013.
The following Awards and Scholarships will be awarded:
WSA Director of the Year
- Recognition only, no cash award.
WSA Staff Person of the year
- Alternates between Teaching & Support Staff – this year is for Support Staff of the Year
- $250 awarded to the recipient, $250 awarded to the recipient’s program to help the winner attend the WSA Fall Conference in Spokane, October 15-17, 2012.
WSA Parent of the Year
- $250 awarded to the recipient, $250 awarded to the recipient’s program to help the winner attend the WSA Fall Conference in Spokane, October 15-17, 2013.
- $500 scholarship to each recipient, for use in attending an institution of higher education
- 2 scholarships awarded to Head Start/ECEAP staff, 2 scholarships awarded to HS/ECEAP Parents or Graduates
- $1000 awarded to a program that demonstrates effective innovation in their program. The winner will be required to do a workshop at the WSA Fall or Winter Conference to introduce their project and enable other programs to replicate their success.
Applications should be sent to:
Washington State Assn of Head Start & ECEAP
345 118th Ave SE, Suite 220
Bellevue, WA 98005
Or scan/email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for Application: September 14, 2013
Awardees notified by phone or email: September 20, 2013
For more information contact: Katy Warren, 425.453.1227 or email.