WSA Fall Association Meeting / DEL ECEAP Directors Mtg / Family Engagement Cluster Meeting
October 15-17, 2013
DEL ECEAP Directors Meeting - 10/16
Family Engagement Cluster Meeting - 10/16
|Location:||Wenatchee Red Lion, Wenatchee WA|
|Deadlines:||WSA Registration deadline 10/8/13 (late fee $25 after that); Red Lion deadline 9/17/12|
|Registration:||Online Registration Link|
|Fees:||$215 Registration Fee, includes 2 lunches, 2 breakfasts|
|Accommodations:||Call now 1-800-Red Lion for your reservation!|
|Information:||Email or call Katy Warren at 425-453-1227.|
The agenda will be coming soon - we have a lot of great topics and opportunities for information sharing, training, and networking for all members of the ECEAP/Head Start community. Presenters and Trainings include:
- Former King County Executive Ron Sims - an amazing speaker!
- Kristie Kauerz - Pre-K-3 expert now at the University of Washington
- Dr. Bette Hyde - Director of the WA Department of Early Learning
- Rep. Ruth Kagi - Early Learning champion in the state legislature
- Tommy Sheridan - Gov't Affairs Director at the National Head Start Association
- Taking CLASS Home - Making the techniques of CLASS instructional support available to parents to help support their child's learning at home
- Financial Literacy - with our great trainer from the Winter Meeting
- Right Response - techniques for de-escalating conflict, with both children and adults
- I am Moving I am Learning
- ECEAP Expansion Discussion
- Congressman Dave Reichert
- And more!
ECEAP Directors: If you're just coming to the ECEAP Directors Meeting, there's no charge and DEL will reimburse you, but we have special prices for you to attend the rest of the event!
Family Engagement Staff: We get a lot of request for component cluster meetings, and we're excited to start coordinating some of these opportunities for staff to share information and ideas in concert with our Association Meeting. On October 16 from 10:30 - 5pm, we will have a day-long cluster meeting for Family Engagement Staff and Supervisors. This will be a great opportunity to get to know others who do similar work and learn from eachother. Topics for exploration include: Family Goal Setting, Policy Council & Parent Nights, the Family Engagement Framework and School Readiness, Setting Parents up for Success, and more. Click here for a draft agenda. If you're attending the whole conference and you want to attend the Family Engagement Cluster meeting, the cost is included in your $215.
Clothing Drive: We are holding a clothing drive at our conference for our host program—the Chelan Douglas Child Services Association. As you know it is taking place October 15-17 in Wenatchee. Sequestration has hit Chelan Douglas Child Services Association hard. They cut 16 Head Start children, 8 Early Head Start children, 8 staff people, and closed one center. Click here for a flyer.
- Full Conference Registration: $215
- One-Day Registration / Family Engagement Cluster Meeting: $80
- DEL ECEAP Directors Meeting ONLY: $0
- ECEAP Directors full conference fee: $130
Registration Deadline - October 8, 2013
And don't forget that we have board positions open:
- Click here for Board Openings Flyer
- Click here for Application (requires signature from Director and Policy Council Chair)
- Click here for Board Member Job Description
We will vote on proposed bylaws changes at this meeting:
- Click here for WSA Bylaws
ECEAP Directors who have questions about the DEL Director Meeting, please contact Cheryl Comisa, 360.725.2835.